About the Author
Uri Hirsch is the founder of kettlebell training in Israel and among the pioneers of functional training. Uri practices and teaches functional movement practice at the Eitanim Institute in Herzliya where he also conducts a variety of workshops for elite Israel Defense Forces units. In addition, Uri oversees workshops and certification courses for kettlebell instructors given under the auspices of the Israel Kettlebells organization.
With the extensive experience he acquired over years of training and instruction in a variety of methods, attending international courses and studying with leading teachers around the world , Uri established the Israeli School for Kettlebell Instructors at Eitanim Institute, which he continues to direct.
Following are some of Uri Hirsch’s achievements:
- Owner and professional director of Eitanim – the Institute for Movement and Functional Fitness Practice, and professional director of the Israel Kettlebells organization.
- Coach of Functional Fitness and Movement Practice since 1991.
- Certified to teach Kettlebells; Pilates (mat and equipment); Yoga; Functional Movement Screen (FMS); Functional Training – C.H.E.K institute; Spinning; Senior Gym Instructor and certified to train youngsters and adolescents in the gym; Dan 2 Black Belt in Mixed Martial Arts.
- 2004 – opened a Pilates equipment and Functional Movement studio as part of the Eitanim Institute in Ramat Hasharon.
- 2006 – began to learn and practice kettlebell training.
- 2007 – participated in Functional Training and Kettlebell training courses in the US (Perform Better Functional Training Summit) and England (Advanced Extreme Kettlebell Instructor – EKIa). During that period he began to conduct kettlebell workshops in Israel.
- 2008 – participated in the prestigious Certified Russian Kettlebell Challenge Instructors (RKC) course and at the same time opened a gym for Functional Movement Practice for movement systems such as Pilates equipment, Yoga, Martial Arts, and the flagship training – Kettlebells
- 2009 – participated in a Kettlebell Lifting Coaching Certification course (WKC), in Athens, Greece, and in the IKFF Level 2 Fitness and Movement Dynamics (CKT-FMD) instructors course in Barcelona, Spain.
- 2011 – hosted World Champion Igor Morozov at the Eitanim Institute for the Israel Kettlebells Association.
- Author of the book “Functional Movement Practice Using Kettlebells” (2013) and “The Kettlebells Book – the Complete Guide to the Eitanim Kettlebells Method and to Functioning Fitness Training” (2010). He also released a DVD series for kettlebell training (2008), the first of its type in Hebrew.
Functional Movement Practice using Kettlebells By Uri Hirsch